Sugar cane is a grass plant that comes out during summer months. Its juice is very beneficial to health.
It contains minerals: sodium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc and carbohydrates with low protein. It has no fat and cholesterol.
Some people think because it is called sugarcane it contains a lot of sugar and it is isn’t good for health. But it helps in fighting a good number of diseases.
Sugarcane or sugar cane refers to several species and hybrids of tall perennial grasses in the genus Saccharum, tribe Andropogoneae, that are used for sugar production. The plants are two to six metres tall with stout, jointed, fibrous stalks that are rich in sucrose, which accumulates in the stalk internodes.
WHY YOU SHOULD DRINK SUGARCANE JUICE
Here are the benefits
1) Sugarcane is high in carbohydrates, that makes sugarcane to give energy and strength.
2) It contains protein which help replenish the body and when the body is low in protein it also replenish the protein level.
3) It is alkaline in nature and it helps kill cancer cells mostly Breast and prostrate cancer. The alkaline nature help in treating liver- related disease.
4) Sugarcane shield weight because sugarcane juice reduce bad Cholesterol in the body.
5) Sugarcane is an anti- ageing because it contains phenolic and flavonoid. This compounds make skin smooth and glow.
6) Sugarcane is rich in calcium. It strength the bones and skeleton muscle. This makes sugarcane good for a growing child.
Sugarcane is very good but can be harmful when you take too much of it, prepare it in unhygienic place or eat the immature sugarcane.
Also READ: Benefits of eating fruits and vegetables